This model is now discontinued.
For the home builder who wants a ready-to-run 0-4-0 steam tested power unit, we have made available the ‘Ragleth’ power unit in an all black livery. This power unit is ideal for 1:19 to 1:22.5 scale conversions and is popular with 7/8ths inch scale modellers. It is ready to accept your own home-built body or an after-market kit and can even be converted into a tender loco. The model is gauge adjustable from 32mm (‘O’ gauge) to 45mm (‘1′ gauge) and has insulated wheels as standard. The axles run in bronze bearings and all the rods and valve gear are manufactured from stainless steel. The boiler is fitted with a water level check valve and the displacement lubricator has an under floor drain valve. The model is built from stainless steel and brass, and with the correct maintenance, will give a lifetime of pleasure.
Power Unit Competition – the entries for the 2012 competition can be viewed here, judged by Tag Gorton, the results were published in “Garden Rail” #213 and the prizes awarded at the 16mm Association Show in Peterborough. The winning entries can be seen here. The 2013 competition is now under way.
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19) – or whatever you want!
- Length: 262mm (10 ¼ ins)
- Gauge: 32mm or 45mm
- Width: 116mm (4 ⅝ ins)
- Min Radius: 0.6M (24 ins)
- Height: 160mm (6 ¼ ins)
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9lbs)
- Boiler: Centre Flue
- Working Pressure: 60psi
- Reversing Gear: Piston type, reverse by lever
- Fuel: Butane Gas
- Valve Gear: Simulated Stephenson’s link
- Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water level check valve.
- Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse lever, lubricator under floor drain valve, under floor water level check valve.
Instructions for the loco can be downloaded as a PDF file Instructions for RAGLETH