This model is now discontinued.
For the home builder who wants a ready-to-run 0-6-0 steam tested power unit, we have made available the ‘Lawley’ power unit in an all black livery. This power unit is ideal for 1:19 to 1:22.5 scale conversions and is popular with 7/8ths inch scale modellers. It is ready to accept your own home-built body or an after-market kit and can even be converted into a tender loco. The model is gauge adjustable from 32mm (‘O’ gauge) to 45mm (‘1′ gauge) and has insulated wheels as standard. The axles run in bronze bearings and all the rods and valve gear are manufactured from stainless steel. The boiler is fitted with a water level check valve and the displacement lubricator has an under floor drain valve.
Power Unit Competition – we have now closed the competition for 2011, the entries can be viewed here and judging will take place shortly, the results to be published in “Garden Rail” and the prizes to be awarded at the 16mm Association Show in Peterborough.
The model is built from stainless steel and brass, and with the correct maintenance, will give a lifetime of pleasure.
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19)
- Length over couplings: 360mm (13 ins)
- Gauge: 32mm or 45mm
- Width: 116mm (4 ⅝ ins)
- Min Radius: 0.75M (30 ins)
- Height: 160mm (6 ¼ ins)
- Weight: 3.8 kg (8¼ lbs)
- Boiler: Centre Flue
- Working Pressure: 60psi
- Reversing Gear: Piston type, reverse by lever in the cab
- Fuel: Butane Gas
- Valve Gear: Simulated Stephenson’s link
- Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water blow down valve, water level gauge glass.
- Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse lever, lubricator under floor drain valve, under floor water level check valve.
Instructions for this model can be downloaded as a PDF file Instructions for LAWLEY