This model is now discontinued.
Lawley is a freelance side tank locomotive with design inspirations from Hunslet. The loco is internally gas fired with a centre flue boiler. The boiler is fitted with a water gauge glass which will allow for continuous running with the addition of a boiler filler system. The model is gauge adjustable from 32mm (‘O’ gauge) to 45mm (‘1’ gauge) and has insulated wheels as standard. The axles run in bronze bearings and all the rods and valve gear are manufactured from stainless steel.
The engine is available in manual or radio control versions. The cab roof flips up and over sideways to give access to the gas, water and lubricator fillers. The boiler is fitted with a water blow down valve and the displacement lubricator has an under floor drain valve.
The model is built from stainless steel and brass, and with the correct maintenance, will give a lifetime of pleasure.
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19)
- Length over couplings: 360mm (13 ins)
- Gauge: 32mm or 45mm
- Width: 116mm (4 ⅝ ins)
- Min Radius: 0.75M (30 ins)
- Height: 160mm (6 ¼ ins)
- Weight: 3.8 kg (8¼ lbs)
- Boiler: Centre Flue
- Working Pressure: 60psi
- Reversing Gear: Piston type, reverse by lever in the cab
- Fuel: Butane Gas
- Valve Gear: Simulated Stephenson’s link
- Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water blow down valve, water level gauge glass.
- Cab Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse lever, lubricator under floor drain valve, under floor water level check valve.
Colours available, subject to production batch:
S19-5 LMS Maroon
S19-6 GWR Green
S19-5RC LMS Maroon
S19-6RC GWR Green