Accucraft UK – Aster – an announcement
It is with regret that we have decided to relinquish our UK distributorship and sales of the Aster Hobby Inc brand of models. This will be effective from Monday 2nd August.
Although over the past few years we have made many new friends in the 1:32 market it has become increasingly clear that the Aster agency has diverted our attention and energies away from our core business, Accucraft UK. We will continue to concentrate on making affordable gas-fired British-outline locomotives for the Gauge 1 market, such as the recently delivered Adams Radial Tank and forthcoming GWR 43XX and already have plans for next year’s project. However, until a new distributor is appointed, Accucraft UK will continue to support owners of current and older Aster models with its first-class parts and service backup.
We have a small residual stock of Aster Mikados, 5MTs and LNER B1s – please enquire about availability.
Progress with the ‘Lawley’
After a few delays in production we are delighted to say that the 1:19 scale ‘Lawley’ 4-4-0 is making progress with the factory working up the CADs for the design prior to production. This is likely to be a one-time run so if you wish to acquire one we suggest you place a reservation as soon as possible, either with your preferred Accucraft stockist or directly with us.
The museum quality model is internally gas fired and is gauge adjustable for either 32mm (‘0’ gauge) or 45mm (‘1’ gauge) – all the parts for this are supplied with the model. This operation can be undertaken by the owner and only takes a few minutes. The cab roof lifts up to give access to the water and lubricator fillers. The boiler is fitted with a water gauge, pressure gauge and the lubricator has an under floor drain, the gas tank is in a water bath in the tender. The model is fitted with slide valves, functioning Stephenson valve gear and is built from stainless steel, copper and brass and will be supplied with a choice of glazed or louvred cab windows. Estimated UK RRP £2950.00 inc. VAT. You can find full details here.
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19)
- Length: 460 mm (18.5 inches) over buffer beams
- Width: 105 mm (4 inches)
- Height: 152 mm (6 inches)
- Weight: TBA
- Min Radius: 1.2m (4 foot)
- Gauge: 32mm or 45mm – gauge adjustable
- Boiler: Centre Flue
- Working Pressure: 60 psi
- Valve Gear: Slide Valve
- Reversing Gear: Stephenson’s link, reverse by lever in the cab
- Fuel: Butane Gas
- Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water level glass, Goodall valve
- Cab Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse lever, Displacement lubricator
Versions available, subject to production batch:
S19-36A Lawley NG6 4-4-0, Live Steam, Beira Railway Green
S19-36B Lawley NG6 4-4-0, Live Steam, SAR Green
S19-36C Lawley NG6 4-4-0, Live Steam, SAR Black
Gauge 1 Pullman cars – further news
We are happy to be able to tell you that Greenwood & Pring’s plans for their new range of 1:32 scale British Pullman cars are firming up. The first production run will be for new parlour brakes (not produced before) which will be followed by first and third-class parlour cars and first and third-class kitchen cars. You can find full details and the history of these cars here.
Pullman car specifications:
- Meticulously researched using original drawings, image material and examples of preserved and modified stock
- Beautiful hand-made solid brass fine scale soldered construction ensuring superb body detail – note roof bodies are constructed in brass
- Interior lighting provided by central LED roof lighting and Pullman table lamps
- Finished in long-lasting and robust oven baked satin paint
- Carriage nameboards commemorating famous Pullman expresses
- Ball bearing mounted axel boxes for free running bogies
- Solid stainless steel disc wheels
- Three coupling types: Pullman cars come with standard Kadee style couplings. Conversion packs for screw link drop or alternative buckeye couplings are available
- Removeable bodies for the fitting of figures.
Options for reservation
All Pullman cars come in umber and cream livery with grey roofs.
Individual car price: £1,250
Pairs of Pullman brakes and two other cars £4,780
Orders of more than four vehicles are priced at £1,195 per car.
We are taking pre-orders. The Greenwood & Pring range will also be available from Accucraft US through their Live Steam Station website.