This model is now discontinued.
The Climax locomotive is a geared steam locomotive in which the two steam cylinders transmit power to driveshafts running to the front and rear trucks. Designed to compete with the Shay and later Heisler locomotives in logging and industrial roles, many loggers considered the Climax superior to the Shay in haulage capacity and stability, particularly in smaller locomotives. Accucraft’s model is a limited production in 1:20.3 scale and 45mm gauge in live steam. The chassis is constructed from brass and stainless steel. All valve gear, drive rods, and wheels are machined from stainless steel.
- Scale/Gauge: 1:20.3 Scale/ 45mm Gauge
- Minimum Radius: 1.2 M (48 in.)
- Fuel: Butane
- Cylinder: Two Cylinders w/ D-Valve
- Valve Gear: Simulated Stevenson valve
- Working Pressure: 50 PSI
- Fittings: Throttle, Check valve, Water level gauge, Pressure gauge
AC77-631 – CLIMAX, Two Truck, Straight Stack Unlettered
AC77-632 – CLIMAX, Two Truck, Michigan California #4
You can view the Climax instruction manual here.