Accucraft are launching a new website on the 6th of June 2011. As part of our drive to improve our service to our customers and dealers we have completely overhauled the old site, giving it the equivalent of a “heavy general” to make it fit for the future! If you are reading this you are already there!
Although our new website looks similar to the old one it now has many more pages and greater functionality. For instance, you can now leave feedback about news stories such as this which will enable us to respond to comments about new products and future releases. Other major changes include:
- Better product information – wherever possible, items now show the full specification, liveries available and part numbers. Locomotives all have downloadable PDF instruction manuals with a radio control appendix if appropriate. We have created an archive of older models which will include data such as production dates and instruction manuals as well. We are also listing all our track and the new range of accessories.
- More stock status data – in order to help our retailers and their customers we are including an additional column for future batch information. This will be updated as often as possible.
- Dealer page – as well as listing our dealers, we have now added a handy Google map search facility to help you locate your local retailer.
- FAQ – to save customers’ time we now have a “frequently asked questions” page which aims to supply answers to a range of common queries about live steam operation in general and Accucraft locomotives in particular.
- Contact page – has been totally revised in its format and should now be swifter to use. Customers who had signed up to the newsletters generated by the old website will have to register again here.
- Links page – added to enable Accucraft customers to find associated manufacturers, garden railway societies and resources and relevant preservation societies.
We hope you find the new website useful and look forward to reading your feedback.