This model is now discontinued.
Now re-introduced to the range, Mortimer is a freelance 0-4-0 saddle tank locomotive with design inspirations from Avonside and Peckett.
The loco is internally gas fired with a centre flue boiler. The model is gauge adjustable from 32mm (‘O’ gauge) to 45mm (‘1′ gauge) and has insulated wheels as standard. The axles run in bronze bearings and all the rods and valve gear are manufactured from stainless steel. The the loco is fitted with our standard chopper couplings and tilting cab roof.
The engine is available either in manual or radio control versions. The cab roof flips up and over sideways to give access to the gas, water and lubricator fillers. The boiler is fitted with a water level check valve and the displacement lubricator has an under floor drain valve.
The model is built from stainless steel and brass, and with the correct maintenance, will give a lifetime of pleasure.
- Length: 111/4″ (284mm)
- Width: 41/2″ (116mm)
- Height: 61/4″ (160mm)
- Weight: 9lb (4.1kg).
- Gauge: adjustable between 32mm (O Gauge) and 45 mm (Gauge 1).
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot, but ‘G’ scale compatible.
- Controls fitted as standard: steam regulator/reverser, safety valve (set to 60psi), pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, water level check valve and gas regulator.
- Cylinders: bore 1/2″ (12.7mm), piston stroke 3/4″ (19mm).
- Valve gear: Simulated Stephenson link, piston reverse valve controlled by lever in cab.
- Boiler: internally gas fired, stainless steel superheater, opening smokebox door.
- Lubrication: Displacement type, fitted with underfloor drain. Filler cap with ‘T’ bar for easy removal.
- Wheels: insulated as standard.
Colours available subject to batch:
S19-22B – Black
S19-23B – Black with Radio Control fitted
S19-22BU – Blue
S19-23BU – Blue with Radio Control fitted
S19-22G – GWR Green
S19-23G – GWR Green with Radio Control fitted
S19-22R – LMS Maroon
S19-23R – LMS Maroon with Radio Control fitted