Based on Ruby design, Ida will easily lend itself to kitbashing and cosmetic modification. The sheet-metal work (cab and tanks) are designed to be easily removed, leaving a complete running chassis and boiler ready for a new superstructure. With a little imagination and ingenuity, the tanks can be eliminated and a tender added, leading or trailing wheels added, or other changes can be made, resulting in your own unique locomotive.
- Scale/Gauge: 1:20.3 Scale/ 45mm Gauge
- Total Weight: 2.1 Kg, 4.6 lb.
- Length: 245mm, 9.6 in.
- Width: 100mm, 3.9 in.
- Height: 133 mm, 5.2 in.
- Minimum Radius: 0.6 M, 24 in.
- Driver Wheels Dia: 35 mm, 1.4 in.
- Cylinders: 2 x outside frame
- Cylinder Size: D16 x 32
- Valve Gear: Simple eccentric
- Valves: Piston valve
- Reversing: Piston-valve reverser
- Fuel: Butane
- Boiler: Single flue
- Water Capacity: 80 cc
- Working Pressure: 40 PSI
- Fittings: Large cylinder, safety valve, water filler valve, throttle
AC77-020 – RUBY #3, IDA 0-4-0 SADDLE TANK
The instruction manual can be uploaded as a PDF file IDA/RUBY Instruction manual