This model is now discontinued.
Excelsior is a Brazil class 0-4-2 saddle tank, built by Kerr Suart. The model is based on the locomotive now running on the Whipsnade Zoo Railway. It is constructed from stainless steel and brass and has insulated wheels as standard. The gauge can easily be changed from 32mm to 45mm, by the purchase of a gauge change kit. You can download the instructions here INSTRUCTS EXCELSIOR
- 0-4-2 outside-framed chassis, internally gas fired.
- Controls fitted as standard: safety valve, pressure gauge, water gauge, displacement lubricator, vacuum relief valve, gas regulator and fitted servo for speed/reverse control.
- Boiler: diameter 21/4″ (57mm), capacity 200ml, working pressure 45psi.
- Cylinders: diameter 5/16″ (8mm), piston stroke 3/4″ (19mm).
- Dimensions: length 11″ (280mm), width 43/8″ (110mm), height 6″ (150mm).
- Weight: 2.65 kg.
- Gauge: 32 or 45mm, with insulated wheels.
Colours available subject to production batch: