This model is now discontinued.
Superior, an 0-6-2T locomotive, was built by Kerr Stuart, works no 4034, for Edward Lloyd Ltd to be used at their paper mill at Sittingbourne in Kent. The engine is now preserved and running on the line at the Whipsnade Zoo Railway, Bedfordshire. Superior is a close cousin of the model of the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway, Joan.
This model has internal gas firing with a stainless steel superheater ,and the smokebox door opens to aid lighting. The boiler has a water level check valve with the overflow piped away below the frames and the lubricator is fitted with an underfloor drain tap, both of which help to keep the cab free from excess oil and water.
The loco is dual gauge and is supplied with alternative pony trucks for 32mm and 45mm gauges. It is suitable for adapting to radio control by using a single servo to control the speed/direction valve. The model is built from stainless steel and brass, and with the correct maintenance, will give a lifetime of pleasure.
- Length: 121/4″ (310mm)
- Width: 41/2″ (116mm)
- Height: 61/2″ (165mm)
- Weight: 101/2lb (4.8kg).
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19)
- Gauge: 32mm (O Gauge) or 45 mm (Gauge 1).
- Minimum radius: 30″ (0.75m).
- Controls fitted as standard: steam regulator/reverser, safety valve (set to 60psi), pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, water level check valve and gas regulator.
- Cylinders: bore 1/2″ (12.7mm), piston stroke 3/4″ (19mm).
- Valve gear: Simulated Stephenson link, piston reverse valve controlled by lever in cab. All rods and valve gear are manufactured from stainless steel.
- Boiler: internally gas fired, stainless steel superheater, opening smokebox door.
- Working pressure: 60psi
- Lubrication: Displacement type, fitted with underfloor drain. Filler cap with ‘T’ bar for easy removal.
- Wheels: insulated as standard with axles running in bronze bearings.
Colours subject to batch:
AC77-040 – LMS crimson lake
AC77-041 – GWR green
The instruction manual can be downloaded as a PDF file – Instructions for JOAN